It’s time to Make Music Miami! [fr]
It’s time to Make Music Miami!
South-Florida joins the worldwide celebration of music on June 21, 2019.
"Make Music Miami" moves Miami into the global music festival that began as "Fête de la musique" in Paris in 1982 – a celebration to welcome summer with music. Across the world, the Summer Solstice is celebrated with free performances of all kinds of music in all kinds of public spaces.
Locally, Fête de la Musique/Make Music Miami has been celebrated since 1997 – this is the year to take the celebration County-wide! The purpose is to see free music in clubs and venues, parks and promenades, public spaces in all the neighborhoods.
This edition will include :
- The Youth Music Summit (a free day-long gathering of young musicians aged 14-18 from throughout Miami-Dade County)
- Mobile Karaoke (using a battery powered PA system and a pair of musicians, travel around Miami on June 21 with a mobile rig in the back of a pick-up truck or van for impromptu, street-side jamming)
- Street studios (small laptop-powered studio and invite passersby to help build an ever evolving loop of natural (and unnatural) sounds)
- Bands undercover (bands around the world will take to the streets to cover each other’s music, and live stream their shows in a unique musical conversation)
- Drum set duo (a professional drummer sets up two kits, one for themselves and another for anyone who passes by to join in a spontaneous drum set duo)
We hope to see you there in large numbers !
For more information about the event please visit: makemusicmiami.org