Caribbean Arts in Miami: Tout-Monde Festival - March 1-4 2018 [fr]
The "Tout-Monde" Festival 2018
The 1st Caribbean Contemporary Arts Festival in the United States, which takes place in Miami - March 1-4, 2018 - showcases:
- 4 days,
- 26 free events except the closing ceremony,
- 24 artists, academics and authors,
- 4 famous venues,
- And a « Tout-Monde Teens » program.
“Opening up to the Caribbean is opening up to the world” said Martinican philosopher, poet and author Edouard Glissant (1928-2011), who introduced the concept of the Tout-Monde, which unites territories, cultures and individuals with multiples roots in one moving “Whole World”.
Under the patronage of Mrs.Christiane Taubira, Cultural Ambassador of the festival and former Minister of Justice of France, the first edition of the festival will be launched at the Perez Art Museum Miami with an inaugural conference on Edouard Glissant’s Tout-Monde, with renowned authors Patrick Chamoiseau and Michael Dash, moderated by Edwidge Danticat, and followed by an exceptional French Caribbean duo performance on jazz between musician Jacques Schwarz-Bart and choreographer and dancer Léna Blou.
Every day, the festival will propose a unique program with an academic conversation, a short-film screening, a visual art installation and a performance in dance, music or theatre.
- Day 1 – Thursday, March 1st - Pérez Art Museum Miami – Get your tickets.
- Day 2 – Friday, March 2nd - Wolfsonian Museum-FIU - Get your tickets.
- Day 3 – Saturday, March 3rd - Little Haiti Cultural Complex - Get your tickets.
- Day 4 – Sunday, March 4th - Mana Wynwood - Get your tickets.
- CLOSING CEREMONY – Sunday, March 4th at 7.30pm - Get your tickets.
Check out the program and discover the participating artists!
The Tout-Monde Festival is open to the public and free of charge for all.
An initiative of the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the USA,
in close partnership with the France Florida Foundation for the Arts.