Two-day conference on "Comparative Regional Perspectives on Innovation in Single/Common Markets" at FIU
This spring 2013 conference, which is free and open to the public is sponsored by the Miami-Florida European Union Center of Excellence (a consortium of the University of Miami and Florida International University), the European Studies Program, and the School of International and Public Affairs.
The conference will be held in collaboration with Gediz University, Izmir, Turkey.
- At Florida International University, the Economist and Head of Economic and Financial Affairs at the Delegation of the European Union to the US in Washington DC, Valérie Rouxel-Laxton, will deliver a lecture on "Innovation and Competitiveness in Europe" from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 21, 2013.
- On March 22, 2013, three panels will examine from a regionally comparative perspective issues tied to technology, information and Research and Development (R&D):
- How has the concept of innovation traveled to regional markets accross the globe?
- How applicable and (dis)similar are innovation strategies, given the differing strenghts and structures of these regions?
- Consuls’ Roundtable: Consuls generals of EU, Gaël de Maisonneuve, Consul general of France in Miami, Simone Filippini, Consul general of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Miami and Kevin McGurgan, British Consul general in Miami will participate in a roundtable starting at 2:15 pm on March 22nd, a panel discussion chaired by Joaquim Roy, Jean Monnet Professor and Director of Miami-Florida European Union Center of Excellence at the University of Miami.
- Detailed program - March 21-22, 2013
- (PDF - 153.9 kb)
Dates: March 21-22, 2013
Location: Florida International University - Modesto A. Maidique Campus - 11200 SW 8th Street - Miami FL 33199 - Management Advanced Research Center Building (MARC) - MARC International Pavilion (2nd floor)
For more info, log on to http://casgroup.fiu.edu/miamieuc/events.php?id=2841
Article published on March 12, 2013.