South-Florida welcomes « Jules Verne » Teachers
In 2009, the “Jules Verne” Program was established to allow professors certified from the French Ministry to teach abroad for one to two years. Since last year, six teachers from France taught in Florida Public School introducing a French curriculum.
Thanks to this program, twelve teachers arrived to work in schools located in Miami Dade and Broward counties for this current school year, the large majority teaches in schools offering a dual curriculum « International Studies ».
With the support of the French government and the good relationships nurtured between the Consulate general of France in Miami and the authorities of the designated counties of the state of Florida, a continuous growth flow to Florida since it receives the majority of “Jules Verne” teachers welcomed in the United-States.
This program allows the seven academies providing the teachers strengthen their partnerships and their international plans, a process designed by the French Ministry of National Education.
In addition, France supports financially four other teachers: three international volunteers and a local teacher.
This operation is a wonderful opportunity for French children as well as communities willing to receive a French education.
List of schools welcoming teachers supported by France:
- Sunset Elementary School, 5120 SW 72nd Street, Miami, FL 33133
- Coconut Grove Elementary, 3351 Matilda St, Coconut Grove, FL 33133 - 305 - 445-7876
- Carver Middle, 4901 Lincoln Drive, Miami FL 33133, 305-444 -7388
- International Studies Charter High School - 2480 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33135 - 305 643 2955
- Miami Children’s Museum Elementary Charter School 980 MacArthur Cswy, Miami, FL 33132-1604 – 305-373-5437
- Morningside Elementary School 6620 Northeast 5th Avenue, Miami, FL 33138-5609 - 305 758-6741
- ISB - International School of Broward (Charter School) - 3100 N 75th Avenue, Hollywood, FL 33024 - 954 987 2026
- Beachside Village Montessori Elementary: 2230 Lincoln St. Hollywood, FL 33020. – 754-323-8050.
Picture : Gaël de Maisonneuve, Consul general of France in Miami, Norbert Duffort, Cultural Attaché and the Deputy cultural Attaché in charge of Education with the teachers.