This service is dedicated to the French community as well as to the foreign citizens planning to visit France (which is one of the 25 Schengen countries).
The Chancellery welcomes the French citizens who need travel and identity documents or official vital records. Consular assistance is also provided to the French Nationals facing a difficult situation and offers scholarships to enroll children in local French programs.
In most cases, foreign citizens wanting to travel to France for a short stay (under 90 days in the Schengen area) or a long stay (over 90 days in France) need to apply for a visa.
The visa is waived for American citizen for a stay less than 90 days in the Schengen area and for certain other Foreign Nationals (for tourism and private visit).
To know if you need a visa, you are invited to check the website of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs:http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr.
As this visa requires the applicant’s fingerprinting, it is necessary to book an appointment on the website of the Consulate and to come in person to place the application.
Visa applications cannot be processed by mail.
For more information about appointment, visa categories and procedures, please log on to the website of the Consulate.
Tel : (305) 403 4150
Fax: (305) 403 4151
- Deputy Consul, Head of Chancellery
- Passport, Temporary Travel Document, Registration, Elections, Security Plan
- Social Affairs
- Visas (applications by appointment only, to learn more please visit the section Go to France
- Contact by email: email@example.com
- By phone: For further information regarding visas, please call 1-212-784-6157 or 1-347-252-3055.
- Military Affairs