Mandatory COVID testing before traveling to France [fr]
Travel to France from the United States is not possible except for travellers in one of the following situations:
- If you are a French national (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
- If you are a European Union citizen or a national of Andorra, the Holy See, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, and your main residence is in France or you are crossing France to reach your country of nationality or residence (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
- If you hold a valid French or European residence permit or long-stay visa and your main residence is in France or you are crossing France to reach your residence in the European space;
- If you are transiting for less than 24 hours in an international zone;
- If you are a member of a delegation on official travel, or of a diplomatic or consular mission, or of an international organization headquartered or having an office in France (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
- If you are a foreign health professional helping to fight COVID-19;
- If you are a member of crew or personnel operating passenger or cargo flights, or travelling as a passenger to reach your departure base;
- If you are carrying out international goods transport;
- If you are a passenger coach or train driver or crew member;
- If you are a member of crew or personnel operating a merchant or fishing vessel;
- If you are a student with a long-stay visa or short-stay visa (VCS) for study or placements or coming for less than 90 days from a country exempted from VCS requirements, and you can prove you have accommodation in France;
More information on this link
- If you are a professor or researcher employed or invited by a French higher education establishment or research laboratory and you are travelling for study and teaching purposes;
- If you have a “Talent Passport” long-stay visa.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 on entering France, you will be required to carry out compulsory quarantine.
Note: There are no restrictions for travel to Metropolitan France from the European space (European Union Member States, United Kingdom, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican).
It should also be noted that, in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, the external borders of the European Union and the Schengen Area have been closed to travelers from the United States since March 17.
1- To board a plane to France from the United States, travelers must bring a negative test for COVID-19 carried out within 72 hours before departure under penalty of being refused boarding. Note that serological tests are not accepted: accepted tests, RT-PCR, RT-LAMP and biological antigenic tests, are carried out by sampling but not by blood sample.
In accordance with the Order of October 16, 2020 amending the Decree no. 2020-911 of July 27, 2020 prescribing the general measures necessary to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, travelers aged 11 or older from the United States must provide the results a test taken less than 72 hours before departure indicating a negative result for Covid-19.
The accepted tests are as follows:
Nasal swab PCR tests
PCR / Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR
Nasal swab rapid tests
Nucleic-acid Amplification test (NAAT)
Molecular Assay or test
Biological Antigenic Tests
A list of available test sites in the constituency is available below.
2- You must also present travel certificates which are available on the website of the Ministry of the Interior.
It is recommended to ensure, before performing the test, the time required to obtain the results.
In the exceptional and documented cases of inability to obtain a test within the time limit and of compelling reason to travel on the date envisaged, you can contact this Consulate if you live in its district to request a certificate of exemption.
The Consulate reminds you of the obligation to actively search for a laboratory to perform one of these tests before your departure, which will prevent you from being tested on arrival at the airport and the related waiting times.
If they cannot present either a document attesting to the completion of one of these tests within the required time limits, nor a certificate of exemption, boarding will be refused.
To obtain a screening in less than 72 hours, several possibilities are available to you:
* to perform a test very quickly (24h max), you can contact Express Gene Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory where you can perform all types of accepted tests
Address: 9000 SW 152nd St , Suite 209, Palmetto Bay, Florida 33157, United States
Website: [ https://expressgene.us/- > https://expressgene.us/ ]
Phone: (786) 250-3419 (also available by SMS & WhatsApp)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Close on Sunday
* the Biocollections Worldwide Inc center also offers PCR tests only, within 72 hours:
Address: 5735 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33137
Telephone: (305) 792-2090
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon).
Driving test, without appointment
* It is also possible to perform screenings in community centers: the Miami Beach Convention Center offers results for PCR tests only within 72 hours
Address: 1901 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Telephone: (305) 538-8835
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm; Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. only
Free driving test, without appointment
as well as the International Dolphin Mall screening center in Doral
Address: 11401 NW 12 Street, Miami, FL 33172
Lot 3 , Area E (Entry 3) / Lot 4, Area 4 (Entry 4)
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
For more information, see the Miami-Dade County website: [ https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/testing-locations.page- > https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/testing-locations.page ].
* or at FastCare Urgent Care which has 2 centers in Miami Dade where you can perform a PCR or RT-LAMP test.
Address: 542 West 41st street, Miami Beach, FL 33140
Telephone: (305) 735-3909
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
20601 E Dixie Hwy , Suite 340, Aventura, FL, 33180
Telephone: (786) 923-4000
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 9:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In Fort Lauderdale
The Florida State Department of Health offers screening for
* Fort Lauderdale’s Mills Pond Park
Address: 2201 NW 9 Avenue
Opening hours: 9 am to 4 pm, Monday to Wednesday and Friday to Saturday
Driving test (drive-thru), Without appointment
* Holiday Park
Address: Federal Hwy. and NE 8 St.
Opening hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday
Preferably with appointment, from 5 years old
Website: [ https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/Home/Components/News/News/4174/16- > https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/Home/Components/News/News/4174/16 ]
In the Palm Beach area
The Access Medical Labs performing the PCR test ensures that it delivers results within 24 hours:
Address: 5151 Corporate Way
Jupiter, FL 33458, United States
Telephone: (866) 720-8386
Make an appointment online or by phone
* the organization Alliance of Physicians Against COVID-19 (APAC) offers PCR test results between 24 and 48 hours.
Address: 1804 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803, USA
Website: [ https://apacovid.com/scheduleappointment.html- > https://apacovid.com/scheduleappointment.html ]
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Make an appointment
* AI and Diagnostics for Precision Medicine for both types of PCR or RT-LAMP test
Address: 10920 Moss Park Rd , STE 124 Orlando Florida 32832
Telephone: (877) 277-5439
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* COVID Testing LLC offers PCR and rapid tests (go there in the morning)
Address: Millenia Mall 33rd street (near Fields Lamborghini Rolls Royce Bentley dealer located at 2202 33rd street), Orlando FL 32839
Website: [ https://covidtestingllc.com/- > https://covidtestingllc.com/ ]
Telephone: (888) 341-1711
Opening hours: Open 7 days a week, from 9:00 a.m.
Without an appointment
* The PPOA (Alliance of Physicians Against COVID-19) organization offers PCR test results between 24 and 48 hours. Appointment required - Phone 813-397-3222.
* as well as Passport HealthTampa
Address: Crown Pointe Professional Center 4204 W. Linebaugh Ave. Tampa FL 33624
Telephone: (813) 969-3757
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8 am to 3 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(Prefer meetings at the earliest in the mornings of Monday or Tuesday).
AFC Urgent Care Sarasota
Address: 2901 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239
Website: [ https://www.afcurgentcare.com/sarasota/?utm_source=GMB&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Sarasota- > https://www.afcurgentcare.com/sarasota/?utm_source=GMB&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Sarasota
Telephone: (941) 208-1556
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Information is provided on this site:
* You can go specifically to Regency Square Mall (outside the old Sears), 9501 Arlington Expressway at the Regency Square Mall. No appointment necessary. Free with results in 3 days.
In Tallahassee, a free center is open at FAMU Tallahassee, Bragg Memorial Stadium, 1500 Washnish way, Monday to Saturday 9am to 6pm but with a capacity of 500 tests. Plan to arrive very early in the morning. Phone: 1-850-404-6399.
* MedEx offers both types of PCR or RT-LAMP test
Address: 3382 Capital Circle NE Tallahassee, Florida 32312
Website: [ https://www.medextesting.com/- > https://www.medextesting.com/ ]
Telephone: (850) 544-3377
Opening hours: Tuesday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In Brevard County
Melbourne COVID-19 Test Center: 1344 S. Apollo Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901
Call to make an appointment: (321) 802-5515 or write to email@example.com
Possibility of delivering PCR tests in 3 days.
The Department of Health DOH-Collier Naples only offers PCR and with mandatory appointment
Address: 3339 East Tamiami Trail, Naples, FL 34112
Website: [ http://collier.floridahealth.gov/newsroom/2020/06/0601testinginformation.html- > http://collier.floridahealth.gov/newsroom/2020/06/0601testinginformation.html ]
Telephone: (239) 252-6220
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Other screenings in Florida
* in CVS pharmacies: they can achieve results within 72 hours. However, check with the pharmacy where you will be screening: some sites offer longer delays (up to 10 days). You can find their other addresses and contact details as well as those of other centers [on the official county websites. For Miami-Dade County, click here.
* in Urgent care MD Now: these centers offer molecular tests (PCR) with results ranging from 3 to 5 days. Please make sure that they can offer you a result within 72 hours. To identify the site closest to you, go to their dedicated website.
Home screening kits: order your screening kit in advance and take your sample within 72 hours before your departure. Most companies ensure a result within 72 hours of receiving the sample. In Florida and the East Coast, the main companies offering these kits are Letsgetchecked Everlywell or Venilabs
You can also contact the LabCorp laboratories offering a kit to be received at home for which they provide a return of 2 to 3 days: [ https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/- > https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/ ]
In Puerto Rico
* CMT Group Corp, Calle Clemson # 300, University Gardens
Rio Piedras , PR 00927
Contact: (787) 754-6868
* Laboratorio Santa Ana, 260 Av. Sta. Ana , Plaza Alta Mall
Guaynabo, PR 00969
Contact: (787) 272-2345
* Laboratorios Borinquen (many branches)
[ https://www.laboratoriosborinquen.com/sucursales-mapa/- > https://www.laboratoriosborinquen.com/sucursales-mapa/ ]
In the Bahamas, the Doctor’s Hospital offers a "same-day PCR COVID-19 testing", their address: Doctors Hospital West - Blake road, Nassau, Bahamas , +1 242 302-4710